The Fire·Lite BG-12 Series is a cost-effective, feature-packed
series of non-coded manual fire alarm pull stations. It was
designed to meet multiple applications with the installer and
end-user in mind. The BG-12 Series features a variety of models
including single- and dual-action versions.
The BG-12 Series provides Fire·Lite Alarm Control Panels
(FACPs), as well as other manufacturers’ controls, with a manual
alarm initiating input signal. Its innovative design, durable
construction, and multiple mounting options make the BG-12
Series simple to install, maintain, and operate.
• Aesthetically pleasing, highly visible design and color.
• Attractive contoured shape and light textured finish.
• Meets ADA 5 lb. maximum pull-force.
• Meets UL 38, Standard for Manually Actuated Signaling Boxes.
• Easily operated(single- or dual-action), yet designed to prevent
false alarms when bumped, shaken, or jarred.
• PUSH IN/PULL DOWN handle latches in the down position to
clearly indicate the station has been operated.
• The word “ACTIVATED” appears on top of the handle in
bright yellow, further indicating the operation of the station.
• Operation handle features white arrows showing basic operation
direction for non-English-speaking persons.
• Braille text included on the finger-hold area of operation handle
and across the top of the handle.
• Multiple hexes- and key-lock models available.
• U.S. patented hex-lock needs only a quarter-turn to lock/
• Station can be opened for inspection and maintenance without
initiating an alarm.
• Product ID label viewable by simply opening the cover; label
is made of durable long-life material.
• The words “NORMAL” and “ACTIVATED” are molded into the
plastic adjacent to the alarm switch (located inside).
• Four-position terminal strip molded into backplate.
• Terminal strip includes Phillips combination-head captive 8/32
screws for easy connection to Initiating Device Circuit (IDC).
• Terminal screws backed-out at the factory and shipped ready to
accept field wiring (up to 12 AWG/3.1 mm²).
• Terminal numbers are molded into the backplate, eliminating
the need for labels.
• Switch contacts are normally open.
• Can be surface-mounted (with SB-10 or SB-I/O) or semi-flush
mounted. Semi-flush mount to a standard single-gang,
double-gang, or 4″ (10.16 cm) square electrical box.
• Backplate is large enough to overlap a single-gang backbox
cutout by 1/2″ (1.27 cm).
• Optional trim ring (BG12TR).
• Spanish versions (FUEGO) available (BG-12LSP, BG-12LPSP).
• Designed to replace the Fire·Lite legacy BG-10 Series.
• Models packaged in attractive, clear plastic (PVC), clamshell-
style, Point-of-Purchase packages. Packaging includes
a cutaway dust/paint cover in the shape of the pull station.
• Cover, backplate, and operation handle are all molded of
durable polycarbonate material.
• Cover features white lettering and trim.
• Red color matches System Sensor’s popular SpectrAlert®
Advance horn/strobe series.
The BG-12 manual pull stations provide a textured finger-hold
area that includes Braille text. In addition to PUSH IN and PULL
DOWN text, there are arrows indicating how to operate the station,
provided for non-English-speaking people.
Pushing in and then pulling down on the handle activates the
normally-open alarm switch. Once latched in the down position,
the word “ACTIVATED” appears at the top in bright yellow, with a
portion of the handle protruding at the bottom as a visible flag.
Resetting the station is simple: insert the key, twist one quarterturn,
then open the station’s front cover, causing the springloaded
operation handle to return to its original position. The
alarm switch can then be reset to its normal (non-alarm) position
manually (by hand) or by closing the station’s front cover, which
automatically resets the switch.